You are here: Ministries → Sisterhood of Presvyteres → Newsletter
The Archangel's Wings
The newsletter of the Metropolis Sisterhood, The Archangel's Wings, is published several times a year. Please send news, recipes, and other items of interest to Presvytera Tina Papanikolaou.
If you do not think you have anything to contribute, please introduce yourself to your sister presvyteres! Answer the following questions, or interview another presvytera in your area (active, widowed, or retired), and send the answers to Presvytera Tina to be included in an upcoming issue.
Presvytera Interview Questions
The rules: answer the questions you feel comfortable answering. They are asked out of love and a hope to get to know you better by sharing. Provide further information as you see fit.
0. What is your name?
1. Since what date have you been a presvytera?
2. How did you meet your husband? (What's his name?) Why did you marry him?
3. Do you have children? If, so tell us about them.
4. Do you have a job (now or previously)?
5. How do you currently participate in the parish?
6. What is your favorite part of a divine service and why?
7. What is your favorite hymn?
8. What is your favorite fasting or feasting food, and how is it made (recipe!)?
9. When is your birthday?
10. When is your nameday and who is your patron saint?
11. What is your current parish, and how long have you been assigned there? (Previous parish information is welcome, too.)
12. What are some of your hobbies?
13. Where were you born and where did you grow up?
14. What books do you like? What are you currently reading?
15. What music do you like? What are your favorite pieces or artists?
16. What, if any, experience do you have with seminary life?
17. What talents do you have that others know about?
18. What talents do you have that others may not know about?
19. What seasonal traditions do you keep alive in your family?
20. Why do you love Orthodoxy?
21. Are you a convert? If so, why, and what was your conversion experience?
22. What is your favorite prayer?
23. What is your cultural heritage?
24. What languages do you speak?